View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lomewen
Menelorn

re: RP: Starhaven's Library

Lomewen enters the empty room, expecting to see books and scrolls upon the shelves, seeing instead crates wrapped in oilcloth set about the room and dust on empty shelves. Feeling sympathy for the forlorn bookshelves and tables, she takes out a cloth and begins to dust and polish the surfaces, using same sweet oil she treats her javelins with. She does find herself tempted to peek into the crates, but stops herself with the thought that they were still Elthallion's, and she did not know what books were public and which were his private collection. After finding the small caretaking soothing, she sits down to meditate on her own duality. She finds it ironic that she abandoned this part of herself, the side that only wanted to be a caretaker of earth, hearth, and home, for the warrior that she had become, defending with weapons of wood and metal the people of Arda and the earth itself.

OOC--Hope this is an ok starting desciption. Let me know if anything needs editing tongue out *poke* your turn Elth!
Elthallion Starhaven

The dusk is so beautiful; a rose hue laid softly like a blanket on Celondim. It is quiet tonight as many say their goodbyes and prepare to sail West; prayers chanted below a whisper and tears barred, for this is a happy occasion. White swan-shaped ships dock the harbor with subtle lamps and sheer wind-blown silk. A minstrel sings and strings an evanescent harp melody. Soon my wagon trailed by others had arrived. Curiel, the horse-driver smiles widely as he trots to a stop by the stables where I wait. He has blond hair and tan skin, cheery and bright, young and innocent; taller than I.

“Hir Elthallion! I have brought your things from Imladris as you asked. The last and plenty of it. Mostly your books, I'd say!”, Curiel hopped off and began unloading the crates as I helped him. “I still wish you'd sail with us tonight. As you were to.”
“I must remain and finish my work here. But I will follow along and sail quite soon enough.”
“Not soon enough.”, Curiel paused and looked solemn.
“Soon enough.”, I repeated.

We looked at each other, embraced and shared a heaved sigh, exchanging our good-byes. We both knew we would meet again but when was uncertain; whether it be in Valinor or the Halls of Mandos. The great evils that strayed in Middle-Earth grew unto great powers and many of our kind perished defending the good. And many more would perish, a fate to those who choose to remain and fight, and I would gladly be one of them. A great war looms which many say is a fool's errand but alas it is a necessary one.

Curiel and a few other Elves helped me to the steps of my library before they had joined the group of sailors. The wagons that had arrived stayed in Celondim, filled with supplies and goods for the refugees here, and those who sailed packed lightly if anything at all. – I looked at my new abode from the outside, it was a quaint scholar's space with enough room for my books and a space for rest; tall windows of Elven-make offering generous light; high ceilings for tall shelves. The door was open, and I quietly widened the crease; wondering what sly burglar disturb my peace.

To my surprise it was a still meditating woman. After a moment I recognized the Elven-maiden Lomewen, my kindred. She was also an oath-sworn bound to Middle-Earth during these times. – I discovered through rumor she is a Seer of the rare sort. A gift few Irmo had bestowed upon us; that of visions and fore-sight. It had taken me many moons to find her and she is the reason which took me from Imladris to Ered Luin. I had brief encounters with her before yet my purpose fully laid for her to accept. I found it ironic that the maiden for which I sought so hard sat still and found before me. – My eyes were kept by her until I realized the space had been polished. The Seer must have done the tidy work.

“Hiril Lomewen, what an unexpected surprise.”, I muster in a soft voice and bow to her, as unobtrusive as I may.

((Thanks for starting this thread!))
Lomewen
Menelorn

Lomewen startles a bit, not truly expecting anybody to arrive, instinctively reaching for her sword laid by her side. Realizing it is Elthallion, she relaxes and smiles gently at him. "Hir, it does my heart well to see you safe. As you can see, I could not keep myself from cleaning a bit." She stands up fluidly from her sitting position, her training enabling her to move with a grace and economy of movement. She bows to him deeply in the style of Lorien, as taught by her mother. She looks at him with her strange, almost glowing green eyes. "I am ready to begin my training with you. You are right, this is a rare gift and one that I have not been ready to accept and use for it had been damaged, and I feared it. I...had been hurt deeply, and the wound is just now healing. I believe with your wisdom and guidance, I can repair the damage done and help all with the gift I have been given." She grins mischievously at him. "Perhaps the first thing I can do is help set up your library, so that it does not feel neglected."
Elthallion Starhaven

“Thank you for tidying in here.”, I replied to her as I opened the door fully now. As she stood to bow before me I was reminiscent with memories of home from her etiquette and I mimicked her courtesy, also offering my respects in the ways of the Golden Woods. – Her deep green eyes had caught me for a moment; a tale of a lorn past slightly deciphered in the language of empathy.

The Seer offered to help continue cleaning my new library and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh and agree. She also said she was ready for her training, and I paused for a moment and replied, “I will not train you for there is no skill I have that needs your training. I will, however, share my knowledge with you as a peer. Your gift is rare indeed and I urge you to think of me as a vassal of healing and clarity. What wisdom you may learn from me I will also learn from you in equal equation.”

Time was spent tidying up the library; crates were emptied, surfaces dusted, books shelved, scrolls placed in bins, maps hung on the wall, bedsheets spread, windows waxed, floors swept and then it was time for rest. – In one of the crates was a silver kettle of simple-make. The nearby stove worked efficiently and fresh mixed herbs were added into water soon to boil. And soon after, the room was filled with a fragrant aroma. A table for two was cleared and I gestured for Lomewen to join me.

“It is much more homely in here. Thank you.”, I said as I poured refreshments into two palm-sized porcelain bowls. “I promised you tea. Please join me. These herbs have properties to encourage a peaceful mind. Imported from the gardens of Lothlorien." I waited until we were both relaxed, "And now that we have a moment and the library is clean. Please, would you tell me about your nightmares?”
Galathriel
-Favole-
Officer

There is a light tap at the front door before Galathriel enters Starhaven Library. Her eyes drift around the room at the various books, manuscripts and maps before landing on two familiar faces. A smile plays at her lips.
"Suilaid, Elthallion, Lomewen!" She greets them with a wave and closes the door behind her. Noticing they are in the middle of a discussion, she nods for them to continue and heads to another section of the library to give them privacy.

Within a few moments, Galathriel is skimming through the recently sorted books on the shelves. Her silvery eyes dart from one title to another while she passes a pale, slender finger against the spine of each book, seemingly looking for something in particular.
Lomewen
Menelorn

Lomewen looks like she is about to speak, then stops when there is a light tap at the door. When she sees the familiar elf she smiles, stands fluidly and bows. "Suilad, Hiril Galathriel. Would you care to share our refreshment?" After ensuring that she is served in mannerly fashion, Lomewen sits back down to continue the discussion with Elthallion.

"I have received insight into the nightmares, Hir. I was...instigated into being bold enough to speak to Lord Elrond. That enlightenment allowed me to start evaluating myself in two different lights. One, that of a Seer, gentle and soft and soothing through whom Arda herself speaks in visions and emotion. The second, that of a warrior, able to withstand blows and persevere onwards towards the defeat of Shadow and those that would desecrate the light. The reconciliation of those two halves is what I believe I need in order to truly aid all of Arda and the peoples who inhabit her."

She almost seems exhausted after speaking so much. She sips some more tea, letting its soothing warmth seep into her spirit and mind.
Elthallion Starhaven

In my careless curiosity I had slighted the natural order of appropriate conversation; the light knock on the door proof to such. – It was Galathriel, another Elven-maiden, one whose name resounded nostalgia of the Lady of the Golden Woods. I smiled every time I saw her; Galathriel and my Lady of Lothlorien. “Suilaid!”, I greet her and attend to her comfort; suggesting refreshments and exploring the library.

When all was settled, Lomewen spoke of Master Elronds council in Imladris and her enlightenment as a Seer and a Warrior. After she was done speaking, the exhaustion she exhumed reached me with shame. I offered her more tea. In my silence and gestures; I spoke to her with my eyes, my smile and my soul. I could not force confidence and I dare not have her betray her will. Her presence was the main importance.

When Lomewen was relaxed, I nodded to her respectfully and saw to Galathriel looking through books.
“All these are for sharing open to kindred. A waste of knowledge and parchment if not.”, I said to her while seated and think to beckon her. “Please, Hiril, join us for some tea and entertain us with your recent bearings.”
Galathriel
-Favole-
Officer

Galathriel draws her gaze from the books, and looks to Lomewen and Elthallion, who offer her refreshments. She can't help but smile every time she thinks of how lucky she is to have become part of the superb kin that is Daro a Maetho.

She nods in thanks to the beautiful Lomewen, who's emerald eyes seem to look right through you. Though they hadn't exchanged more than a few words before, Galathriel has already taken a liking to her.
Upon Elthallion's invitation to join them for tea, her silver gaze meets his own, her smile growing. She would always remember how he had worried for her that one moment during her first training session with Traedan. Such kindness brings warmth to her heart.

Leaving the books for later, Galathriel strides over to the table and takes a seat. She unties her cloak, letting it rest against the back of her chair and turns to both her comrades.
"Le hannon," Galathriel thanks them for the refreshments before continuing to discuss the recent events. "Unfortunately, not much has happened these passed weeks that would be of great interest. Although I did have my first philosophy lesson with Traedan a little while ago that proved to be interesting." She shakes her head a little shamefully, thinking over the events that occurred that day.
Lomewen
Menelorn

As Lomewen relaxes, the aroma of the tea infusing her own mind with calm, she understands Elthallion's unspoken language of apology. She reaches out to touch the back of his hand gently with cool fingertips. "Please, Hir, do not fret over a rushed conversation. We can take our time with each other, for there are many things I would share, but I am unused to speaking so freely. Others have not looked upon me as you have, and I am unused to such attentions." She returns to the tea, delicately sipping. "I am myself still reeling from some of the things I am remembering, so putting them into words feels a bit...painful." Her hands clench a moment on the delicate cup before she deliberately relaxes them, and she looks him directly in the eyes. "Much healing has to be done, for I truly have been split asunder."

She relaxes and calms a bit more when Elthallion calls Galathriel over to join them in refreshments, relieved to have the attention off of her at the moment. She looks curiously at Gala, sensing the emotion behind her gesture and statement. "The philosophy of the watchers did not suit you well, Hiril?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daro a Maetho Forum Index -> Nulelindalë All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: