Recruit

re: Leaving Pel Beriad

Lossenelenwen
Lossenelenwen
Leader

re: Leaving Pel Beriad

Finglor sits down.

Istoril waves to SecretKitty.

Lossenelenwen nods. "Good evening everyone. We've come a long way since we built this refuge of Pel Beriad, and it has served us well. I know most of you have been working far East of here, but have you heard the news on the incidents in Lindon recently?'

Lomewen shakes her head.

Balhidh: 'i havent'

Istoril gives a knowing look, and waits patiently for Lossenelenwen to speak.

Losluin remains silent.

Lossenelenwen glances to Istoril. "There are many of our people awating passage, but those that maintain the Grey Havens are concerned about outside threats. They have refused militaristic intervention, as they do not perceive the threats to be immediate, more that something is searching for them in hopes of finding a weakness. Thus, Lindon will lay low for a while, building ships for the usual love of the craft, sailing with no urgency, and so forth.'

Lossenelenwen flushes slightly. "They will not tell us much more, as even those of our company once of Lindon are not to be consulted further in this matter. We do know that they believe their secrecy to be most valuable. So where do we come in?'

Istoril takes a step forward.

Lossenelenwen looks around at Herth i Tir Tharn Rhufen.

Istoril: 'If you will allow me, I will reveal something of this issue to you all.'

Lossenelenwen nods. "Please."

Istoril: 'What I am about to share with you is a matter of the greatest secrecy. I have been given permission to share this secret with you all, as you have each proven to be trustworthy an loyal. But understand that what I am about to reveal must remain secret. The eyes and ears of the Enemy are everywhere, and we cannot take any chances. As most of you know, I have spent a great deal of time travelling between Lothlorien and the Grey Havens. The duty given to me by my Lord Celeborn has been one of more than mere ambassadorship. With the growing threat in the East, and with the Enemy's forces already making forays against our borders, Lord celeborn has commissioned the building of ships, enough to transport all the elves of Lorien, in the event that a hasty escape must be made. I have been routinely visiting the Grey Havens to check on the progress of this project. You can all readily understand the need for secrecy in this matter.'

Balhidh: 'What could possibly cause Lord Celeborn to act in such haste? and how can we help?'

Istoril: 'If the Enemy finds out about this, he will send corsairs to assail the Havens with all haste.'

Lossenelenwen frowns. "This news... It makes sense, from what I know of Lord Celeborn, but strange timing."

Istoril: 'Lord Celeborn is wise, and while hope yet remains strong in the hearts of all free peoples, he knows that fortunes can turn in an instant, and so prepares for all eventualities.'

Balhidh: 'Does the city know of the the threat, is that why we are supposed to do this while keeping our distance from Lindon?'

Lossenelenwen: 'Unless they mean to move the shipbuilding, though it would make sense for us not to be told even of that...'

Lossenelenwen muses almost to herself, forgetting the meeting breifly.

Istoril: 'Lord Cirdan knows, of course, as do the lords of Lindon, and the shipwrights, but no others.'

Balhidh: 'That is for the best i assume, Lord Cirdan is among the wisest'

Lossenelenwen: 'Regardless, the main concern to us is Pel Beriad. We scarce keep this refuge occupied. Our duties take us further East and for longer with each foray it seems.'

Losluin ponders.

Baraer snaps off a quick salute.

Lossenelenwen hails Baraer.

Istoril hails Baraer.

Baraer: 'Suilad'

Losluin hails Baraer.

Baraer asks that his interuption be pardoned

Lossenelenwen: 'Welcome Baraer. We were just discussing the situation in Lindon and our own here in Pel Beriad.'

Dawagar nods. "Pardon my interuption."

Lossenelenwen smiles. "Of course."

Balhidh: 'What did the lords request of us, how can we be of service to their efforts.'

Lossenelenwen: 'Pelthaes has told me that he was approached in Lindon, and if we are amicable to the idea, we will leave Pel Beriad.'

Losluin raises a brow.

Lossenelenwen: 'Or no longer keep it as our host alone. There are Elves who must work, or wait, or both.'

Istoril: 'I assume this is related to the growing numebr of workers, and refugees, in Lindon?'

Lossenelenwen: 'Yes. Because we are so close to Lindon, and yet we are not in Lindon proper, this place is an ideal candidate. We are even close to waterways that wind there. They need somewhere to stay, and if Lindon is attempting any sort of secrecy, spreading their work out is likely beneficial. For us, there is the question -- should we move ourselves closer to our work?'

Istoril nods "It would make sense, then, that Lord Cirdan would approach us in regard to this matter, especially given my affiliation with this coalition. Moving the operations of this group nearer to the conflict would perhaps be wise. The Havens are already well defended.'

Lossenelenwen: 'I know that for us as a family of wanderers, having a home that we can call all of ours, not just the home of one Elf or another, is comforting.'

Balhidh agrees.

Lossenelenwen: 'We can make another. But it is not a decision to be made over anyone's heads. What say you?'

Istoril: 'Are you suggesting we give up our own haven entirely, or seek out another?'

Lomewen: 'Perhaps farther east, where we may mobilize with ease.'

Lossenelenwen: 'Both. We would need to build another, perhaps in the manner we have done so before. Eregion is full of Elf-ruins, or there are some North also.'

Balhidh: 'Our haven is little more than a trophy room, i shall live where we are needed.'

Losluin considers, "Family of wanderers..." One corner of his mouth tilts up. "Hm."

Lossenelenwen: 'There is no reason we cannot visit. But if we give this place over, I think it best we do so fully, not as hosts to guests.'

Istoril conemplates. "Eregion could be a viable option. There are places in that land yet hidden, places the elves alone knew. Though you would know more than i in regard to that place.'

Baraer thinks on the words here spoken, pursing his lips and listens quietly.

Lossenelenwen: 'But the where can wait. Will we go? We will not make a new home quickly. We will move our... center, I suppose? to Imladris, or near it. But we also cannot be forever in and out of there. It is a temporary solution.'

Losluin glances at Lossenelenwen a moment at the talk of Eregion and Imladris, then slowly to the ceiling as he ponders.

Lomewen shrugs. "I would be willing to give over, as I prefer wood to stone. Wandering through Imladris would be fine with me."

Lossenelenwen laughs. "Perhaps we shall make our next home of wood. Or in the trees, as some prefer.'

Istoril: 'I, for one, am in full agreement. I know the need of Lord Cirdan's people, and am willing to grant them this space.'

Lossenelenwen glances to Istoril in amusement.

Saelineil speaks up from the corner. "I used to call Lindon my home, and still do sometimes. I care very much for the elves that live there and if our move will save them. I am willing to leave them."

Lossenelenwen bows her head to Saelineil.

Losluin: 'A family of wanderers may move and stil remain one. Let others have the shelter...'

Balhidh: 'Haha, last I was there, I was meeting Certh for the first time bringing me his cause. I would love to see the waters around there again.'

Lossenelenwen: 'Then I think we are agreed, or disagreement has not spoken. There is one other thing. Pelthaes asked me to discuss briefly... The Mirkwood endeavor was long, and though much came of it we lost many from Eriador during that time. Those that stayed had their tasks, too...'

Lossenelenwen shakes a hand dismissively. "But those too are for another time. Our next move is the more pressing matter. We must get an idea of the current situation across the lands, as we did not have the numbers to keep fully aware throughout that time. No one is to go straight to Imladris when we leave here. Alone or in pairs, we must go learn where we are needed or of any growing threats.'

Istoril: 'Perhaps we should convene in Celondim before any set out. It is a small town, away from the eyes of the Enemy.'

Lossenelenwen: 'After that, Daro a Maetho as a whole will find direction again. We are also considering meeting with other companies such as our own. We have formed few alliances in the past, and I do not know that Pelthaes intends to make any now, but failing to learn of what is out there can only be a detriment to us.'

Istoril: 'Then our decision has been reached?'

Lossenelenwen: 'That is all there is regarding Daro a Maetho... but if you wish to linger here awhile before we send word to the Havens, feel free.'

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daro a Maetho Forum Index -> Goteithant All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: