View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eluthurin

re: Elvish Language Studies

Coming soon to the Guildlaunch site:

Elvish words, phrases, lore,  discussions and more to be posted and refreshed on a regular basis.  

Kinnies are still encouraged to seek out more intensive language lessons from the link above if they desire and are always free to discuss in kinchat online.  Hopefully this will open new ways to learn outside of the MMO world.  Consider it a transformation of the Elvish Language Studies.

Cheers,

-Elu

Eluthurin

If there is still interest, we may need to move next week's meeting temporarily to a day other than Thurs the 12th, or have another kinnie host it. We can also skip a week if necessary.

On a side note, it looks like registration for the free Sindarin class has not yet re-opened though originally it was supposed to be the 25th of August. I'll keep an eye on it but here is a direct link to the Roster/Calendar where registration can be monitored. http://your-sindarin-textbook.realelvish.net/index.php?id=3

This class is likely a far better resource than a student such as myself for learning.
Barabin
DRNA
Recruit

Yesterday evening's meeting was enlightening and some very interesting points were raised regarding the proper usage of titles as related to greetings (i.e. Hir/Hirel), etc. Also, the function of speaking Sindarin as it relates to role-playing was also food for thought (as a teaching instrument and/or tribute to the Lore). It would still be helpful, I feel, to know and understand how everyone wants their characters to be addressed IC, and why? Overall, a good first meeting. Thank you.
Lossenelenwen
Lossenelenwen
Leader

I've added this as-is to the Calendar.

Suilad, mellyn! [Greetings, friends!]

Soon I will begin hosting learning sessions on the Elvish Language, beginning with Sindarin and moving on to others in the future (Tengwar-writing system, Quenya). While facilitating, I will be just as much of a learner though I will do my best to answer what questions I may and find the answers to ones I cannot.

The first bi-weekly session I am tentatively scheduling for Thurs, the 15th of August at 8:30pm EST. This was the second most likely day that was chosen for availability, so Kin RP events and others will still trump these sessions; I will move them to another day if they are still wanted in those particular weeks. If there is another day preferred in general, please let me know and we can try adjusting accordingly.

Here are a couple links to get the ball rolling though it is not required that anyone use them before our first session. The first site has many resources on learning, speaking and writing these languages; even dialects for those from different regions/lineages. And of course, phrasebooks http://www.realelvish.net/ The second site is a dictionary: http://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/online/english.html

Have fun in the meantime and I'll see you all soon online. ^^

-Elu [Pale Blue]
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daro a Maetho Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: